Wednesday, February 22, 2012

No news is still good news

Thankfully, still no call from the clinic, so I'm strongly holding on to the hope that things are still going well, our 7 embryos are still holding strong and are chugging along fine. Admittedly, I've been quite... okay, VERY preoccupied this week, googling up a storm for more information on IVF that I've read over and over again. I'm starting to think I'm going crazy because I keep doing the same thing and I'm nowhere closer to feeling completely at ease. I've also been visiting many online fertility communities, desperately trying to find other women who are going as crazy as I am this week. (Incredibly, I found a woman who not only goes to the same clinic as I do, but she also had her embryo retrieval on Sunday - the day that I did - by the SAME doctor!) I feel like I have a cycle buddy!

In two days, we'll find out how many of our 7 embryos made it through the ringer. DH and I are super anxious... I'm worried sick if we don't have any (or too few) embryos to transfer, whereas DH is super anxious if we have all 7 embryos and they'll have to pick two really good ones. We've opted not to do cryopreservation this cycle, given the cost and given that this is our first attempt at IVF. Fortunately, we have excellent health benefits that will extend up to 4 IVFs per lifetime... but of course, hopefully we'll only need one successful cycle to lead to one successful pregnancy, and that'd be it!

More updates on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment