Today finally arrived! In spite of all my anxieties, everything worked out well. I had a great night's sleep, got to work in a good mood, and received the call from the clinic at 11:16 am (RIGHT after my class ended). The nurse told us that our transfer is scheduled for that afternoon and we should be in the clinic by 1 pm. Aside from some customer service snafus (we got there at 12:30 pm and didn't get called in until 2 pm), we were prepped and ready to go by 3 pm.
.JPG) |
| Ready to do this! |
By the way, I opted to do laser acupuncture before and after the transfer. It was my first time with acupuncture but I didn't really feel anything - just felt a little sleepy after the acupuncturist left.
So the actual transfer itself took an entire 10 minutes. It was a success. Before the procedure started, the doctor actually gave us a picture of our blastocysts. The one on the top left is actually a hatching blastocyst, which is a good thing, because it is developing at a more advanced level. I can't stop staring at this picture, thinking how awesome it is to actually see a product of the IVF process.
 |
| Brian calls them "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" |
I am instructed to be on bedrest today and as much as possible tomorrow. So I am lying in bed now in my pajamas typing this with Investigation Discovery on TV... I have similarly big plans for tomorrow. It is admittedly a little difficult trying to type one-handed while I am lying flat on the bed; I don't want to put my laptop on my belly area. Silly as it sounds, I don't want to squish 'em. So I will report more when I am not so... horizontal.
No comments:
Post a Comment