This morning's ultrasound result: a "12 Type 3" uterine lining. Which means I have a 12 mm endometrial lining and Type 3 indicates the presence of "triple stripe": both factors ideal for implantation. From what I've read online, I kinda knew it was good news. This morning's RE agreed with me. His exact words were, "That looks good. Actually, no. That looks excellent. It is ready for pregnancy." Boy am I glad my uterus decided to jump on board with the plan because we sure are ready for it too!
Special thanks to DH for hard work of injecting those mammoth progesterone-in-oil shots every night. I know he gets slightly traumatized every time he has to do it, but he has been a real "DH" (darling husband, in the fertility community lingo) indeed.
So it looks like everything is where it should be at this point. The estrogen pills and progesterone shots have helped make a plushy environment for the incoming embryos. Hopefully they will make themselves at home for the next nine months. And why wouldn't they, right? I'm a pretty nice landlady, I don't charge rent, I don't pry (well, not all the time), and there won't be any noise complaints from the neighbors. Plus, they get free food, occasionally, awesome free food like cookies and Thai food. Clothing is optional in there AND they get a free playground to practice their kicks and gymnastic prowess.
Hmm, maybe I should also hang a sign in there that says, "Free college if you stay" in there, just for good measure?
One worry down, about a thousand more to go. Tonight, I am instructed to take metrogel (a suppository to prevent possible infections) and tomorrow, a high dose progesterone suppository right before the transfer. Then tomorrow anytime between 7 am - 12 pm, the clinic calls to confirm two things: a) if our embryos survive the thaw, and b) the time of our transfer. From what I've heard, our clinic has an excellent thaw rate. I will be in back-to-back classes until 11:15 am, but my nurse has assured me that it will be fine and I should try to relax on my way there. Easier said than done.
Hope to report good news tomorrow... and after that, the waiting game begins.
No comments:
Post a Comment