Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week 23

I haven't been posting for the last three weeks, but traveling and work have gotten somewhat in the way. Things are going smoothly so far and I'm feeling pretty good except for some occasional lower back pain and muscle spasms in my legs. But my appetite has grown and I'm feeling pretty energetic so far. Today's OB visit showed that I have gained 6 pounds in two weeks (!!), adding up to 11 total lbs of weight gain since the start of the pregnancy. The weight clearly shows, as you can see in this belly shot.


So far things are progressing normally and the twins are kicking and moving actively. At our OB visit today, they are still lying in odd positions, although there is still lots of time for them to move around and settle down. Our Baby Boy is in a transverse position and Baby Girl is still breached. We now see a new OB (in the same practice) who does an ultrasound at every visit, so it's been wonderful to be able to see the kiddos every two weeks now.

Next week, we will have our 24 week visit at the perinatal clinic. Holy cow, that'd be the six-month mark! Crossing my fingers that things will continue to move in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment