Documenting our journey through infertility and our process of trying to conceive - and beyond.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
19 weeks and counting...
Quick update: we're almost at the halfway mark!! OB visit this morning went well and we heard both babies' heartbeats. In fact, while the OB was scanning for the heartbeats, he said he felt the babies move. I'm still looking forward to actively feeling them move and kick... so far, I do feel little flutters in there but only when I gently press my palm against my belly. My fundal height was measured as normal as well. We also asked about my the results from my last bloodwork (that tested for spina bifida), and the OB said that the results were normal.
So all around good news and good progress, except for the fact that my weight gain is extremely slow (only 1 lb gained from our last visit). This surprises us considering how much I've been trying to pile on the pounds (and clearly, the belly is growing). The OB wasn't too worried, however, but promised that we will monitor my weight. Since I'll be reaching week 20 next week, I have to start going in for OB visits every two weeks.
One more week to our fetal anatomy scan at the perinatal clinic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment